What are Peptides?
Peptides are the building blocks of life and are made from amino acids. Peptides make up enzymes, and are the reason hormones get secreted, immune cells get activated, and millions of other cellular activities needed for hormone survival. In recent years, the use of peptides in healthcare has grown and is now widely available as a treatment option for numerous conditions such as fatigue, anxiety, depression, weight loss, and building muscle mass, just to name a few. The unique properties of peptides can be harnessed and used to treat specific conditions; this treatment process is known as peptide therapy. This form of treatment can be entirely customized to the patient’s unique needs and goals. By using this targeted method, we can produce a specific reaction in the body and treat a variety of conditions.
Some Benefits of Peptide Therapy
- Increased cognitive function and memory through increased oxygen delivery (Semax)
- Increased energy and focus (Semax, Ibutamoren)
- Relief of anxiety and depression (Selank, Semax)
- Boost Growth hormone levels (Ibutamoren)
- Build muscle mass (Ibutamoren, Tesamorelin)
- Decrease joint and muscle pain (BPC 157)
- Helps with erectile dysfunction (ED) (Bremelanotide aka PT-141)
- Increase levels of energy, stamina, and strength (Ibutamoren)
- Improve skin quality (Ibutamoren)
If any of the benefits mentioned above apply to you, locate the peptide below and click “Acquire.”
Ibutamoren (MK-677) is taken in oral form, and mimics the ghrelin hormone in the body to increase the secretion of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1). It is contraindicated in Diabetics as it can increase blood glucose and increase insulin resistance; thus, diabetics should not take Ibutamoren. If you are unsure if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus, please contact your primary care physician and do not purchase Ibutamoren.
- Promotes the breakdown of fat
- Increased bone density
- Increase in lean body mass
- Increase muscle mass
- Improves sleep quality
- Increased energy
- Increased endurance
- Improved cellular repair
- Increased IGF-1
- Supports cognitive performance
- Supports joint health
- Ibutamoren (MK-677) 12.5mg Capsule – To be taken 1-3 times weekly.
Selank mimics Tuftsin, which is naturally occuring in the body and comes with a broad range of benefits. Selank has pronounced anxiolytic activity and acts as a stable antidepressant, anti-anxiety, and anti-stress medication.
Benefits may include:
- Improved curiosity
- Better sensory awareness
- Enhanced mental concentration
- Regulation of the activities of noradrenergic and serotonergic brain systems
- Decreased stress levels
- Better antiviral functioning without any adverse side effects
- Improved cerebral energy
- Better and steady mood
- Superior learning aptitude and memory processes
- Selank 1.25 mg/mL , 10 mL nasal spray bottle – To be used as needed, or daily.
Semax is a peptide for patients with depression, decreased motivation, and with pathologies related to brain circulation dysfunction. Semax is best known for its neurogenic/neurorestorative and neuroprotective properties. It is a modified snippet of a hormone called adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). Semax is the basis for a number of drugs that are used in clinical practice for the treatment of CNS diseases (ischemic brain stroke, dys-circulatory encephalopathy, optic nerve atrophy, etc.) and to enhance adaptability under extreme conditions in healthy persons. Currently this peptide is successfully used in treatment of patients with pathologies related to brain circulation dysfunction and with different intellectual amnestic problems. Doctors have prescribed it for many conditions like anxiety, depression, memory improvement, ischemic events, stroke, nerve regeneration, ADHD, opioid withdrawal, and even chronic diseases such as ALS, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.
Benefits may include:
- Increased attention and short-term memory
- Relief of depression
- Enhanced mental concentration
- Increased brain BDNF levels
- Improved Non-proliferative Diabetic Neuropathy
- Can help during recovery from Stroke/Hypoxia
- Improved Glaucoma Optic Neuropathy
- Helpful in the treatment of ADHD
- Nootropic (cognitive-enhancing) effects
- Neuroprotection: may help protect the brain from various types of stress and damage
- Decreased anxiety and stress levels
- Semax 1.25 mg/mL , 10mL (100 sprays) Bottle
Selank + Semax
Combining Selank and Semax into one nasal spray can reduce anxiety, depression, and help with mental cognition and focus.
- Semax/Selank (50:50) Nasal Spray 10mL (100 sprays) Bottle
Oxytocin + Selank + Semax
Adding Oxytocin to Selank and Semax may have additional benefits in treating depression and promoting social behavior.
Peptide Therapy Disclaimer: The products we offer are intended for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Peptide therapy is not FDA approved- as such, we make no guarantees of results or benefits. As with any drugs, Peptides have the potential to cause adverse side-effects. This is especially true for “experimental” drugs, such as the Peptides above.
However, due to the lack of clinical research on these drugs, no reliable data about their potential for negative side-effects are currently available. If you experience any side-effects or feel faint, stop usage immediately, and call your primary care physician or call 911.
- Patchett AA, Nargund RP, Tata JR, Chen MH, Barakat KJ, Johnston DB, Cheng K, Chan WW, Butler B, Hickey G (July 1995). “Design and biological activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 92 (15): 7001–5. doi:10.1073/pnas.92.15.7001. PMC 41459.
- Chapman IM, Pescovitz OH, Murphy G, Treep T, Cerchio KA, Krupa D, Gertz B, Polvino WJ, Skiles EH, Pezzoli SS, Thorner MO (October 1997). “Oral administration of growth hormone (GH) releasing peptide-mimetic MK-677 stimulates the GH/insulin-like growth factor-I axis in selected GH-deficient adults”. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 82 (10): 3455–63. doi:10.1210/jc.82.10.3455. PMID 9329386.
- Uchakina, O. N.; Uchakin, P. N.; Miasoedov, N. F.; Andreeva, L. A.; Shcherbenko, V. E.; Mezentseva, M. V.; Gabaeva, M. V.; Sokolov, O. U.; Zozulia, A. A.; Ershov, F. I. (2008). “Immunomodulatory effects of selank in patients with anxiety-asthenic disorders”. Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psikhiatrii Imeni S.S. Korsakova. 108 (5): 71–75. PMID 18577961.
- Semenova, T. P.; Kozlovskiĭ, I. I.; Zakharova, N. M.; Kozlovskaia, M. M. (2009). “Comparison of the effects of selank and tuftsin on the metabolism of serotonin in the brain of rats pretreated with PCPA”. Eksperimental’naia i klinicheskaia farmakologiia. 72 (4): 6–8. PMID 19803361
- Shih-Jen Tsai – Semax, an analogue of adrenocorticotropin (4-10), is a potential agent for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and Rett syndrome PMID: 16996699 DOI: 10.1016/j.mehy.2006.07.017
- G S Polunin, S M Nurieva, D L Baiandin, N L Sheremet, L A Andreeva – Evaluation of therapeutic effect of new Russian drug semax in optic nerve disease] PMID: 10741256
- Clin Psychopharmacol Neurosci. 2019 Feb; 17(1): 1–11.
Published online 2019 Feb 28. doi: 10.9758/cpn.2019.17.1.1
The Role of Intranasal Oxytocin in Anxiety and Depressive Disorders: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials